Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A typical day for me in Savannah

Okay. So today was what I suppose you'd call blissful. My cousin and I stayed up well... late last night, with her reading some dramatic novel and I watching Black Butler on my laptop. This morning I was only half awake when her alarm clock all the sudden started blasting the radio and scared me to death. I slunk out of the room to see that only my aunt and uncle were awake and happened to be making pancakes. When they learned that I would prefer pop tarts, I was assaulted with all the reasons as to why pancakes are amazing. So I held strong and read my book as I nibbled away on a fabulous blue berry pop tart. Yum. Then, after both of my cousin's were awake, we went out and bought boiled peanuts on the way to my grandparents' house. And for all you Texans who are skeptical, you have to eat them first. They're AMAZING! Then we walked out through the *front yard and down to the dock. Once we got bored of jumping off the railing, we decided to go get a ladder and jump off the roof into the water about 20-30 feet below. It was fun. And, I got some new wounds to add to my collection. Over the summer I've manage to accumulate bug bites, cat scratches, dog scratches, cuts from falling off cliffs, scrapes from sliding across wooden floors, and now I have a gouge on my knee from the top of the ladder, and a welt on my forehead from walking into it. It did not feel good in salt water. Anyways, after about an hour, we decided to go out on our cute little boat named Just Cuz. You know, it's a pun because it's the cousins that own it. I have a sixth. So we rode around at sunset, the wind pulling back our hair, the salty water spraying our clothes, and music blaring from the radio.

 *Here, the front isn't the side with the street... it's the side with the river. And riding around the block means boating on the water in a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment