Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

My last day in Savannah

So today is, yes another beautiful day in Savannah Georgia. Earlier in the week the forest fires from South of here (down near the Okefenokee Swamp) sent up a ton of smoke and it has been driving my asthma insane. Thankfully, the loads of rain we've been getting up here finally thinned it up. Today I have a flight at 6:20 to the Dallas airport where I will be meeting my other grandmother, who we call Gammy, and my grandfather, Grumps (he chose the name himself). My aunt Fay and my brand new uncle will also be there. I am looking forward to spending some time with them, but I do miss home. You know how you get homesick on long vacations and then you learn that your time away from home was just extended? It's kind of exciting and irritating at the same time. And then when I finally get back to Texas, I won't be going to the same home. You see, my parents decided that our kitchen needs to be remodeled so we're moving out into a 1200 square foot home. And everyone's stuff is already there but mine. So as soon as I get home (Tuesday or Wednesday), I go to the house, greet my beautiful  dogs, and pack some more. Nope, no unpacking for Emily.

Now Gram and I have decided to finally look through all of my photos from photography school. It's kind of fun to critique your own work. I, sadly tend to be a bit of a pessimist. Not only in my photography, but in life. I'm working on that, but everyone else seems to love them. It's pretty likely that as soon as Dad gets a hold of them they'll be on Flickr, so I'll probably set up a link or something, if I can find out how.  And now that we've started sharing our works, Gram read to me some of her writing, a story about Adam and Eve. It was simply beautiful. Now I feel as if I need to go and find all the writing, all the poetry I've ever done and reread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment