Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

"The beginning of a beautiful story"

First, I'd like to say that multitasking is the devil. I always have had this issue with decisions, so usually I end up either grumpily doing one thing, or doing both at the same time. But I am also so easily distracted that when I don't concentrate hard on both at once, I'll get tied up in one thing and completely forget about the other... It is an absolutely horrid affliction. So here I am, torn between playing some fantasy find it game with my mom and blogging about my beautiful day. 

Anyways, today was wonderful. Most of you people will probably be gleefully watching fireworks, or partying all night, but for us backwards people that all happened yesterday. So yesterday my friend slept over since we got back so late, we woke up around 11:00 and had some of my dad's giant pancake for breakfast, she went home, and I was left to my own devices. Translation - I read some, then I napped some, then I read some more, then I napped some more. It was wonderful. I have never slept better. So yeah. Then I woke up just in time for pizza and we went for a walk with the dogs. Rollingwood is beautiful. It is full of a mix of old and new houses, small and large. And somehow they all go together perfectly. Walking along the road there, I was even reminded of some Utopian dream I had of myself as a single writer, coming home from a walk with my two dogs to sit at the computer and type up a beautiful story. Mom's reply was that I should do just that by going back to our new house to write a beautiful blog. "The beginning of a beautiful story." I admit that now looking back on it, it sounds a bit weird but yeah, it's still really comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment